Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sad Update

My mom's aunt died.  I didn't know her that well, so my sadness is mostly for my mother.  She was sweet and funny lady who lived in upstate NY with the rest of my mom's family.  First generation in America from eastern Europe.  I think she may have been the last living of that generation. One by one, my mom's father, mother, aunts, uncles, have been passing from this life.  It has been pretty rough on her these recent years. 

I haven't been pushing things with her the past week or so.

We are having a sort of birthday dinner for my dad after the funeral, even though his birthday isn't for another week-ish.  Odd timing, but they wanted to do it before Mimi left to go back to school and while Doc's girlfriend is still in town from Germany. 

I feel a bit like they are still denying reality in many ways.  But I can't force it really.  I've been sort of contemplating this almost zen (?) concept of investing your energies in an outcome while remaining detached from it emotionally. Or being detached from the outcome.  Something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment