Saturday, March 19, 2011

Energy

So an important thing to remember is your own levels of energy.  What is giving you energy and what is taking away energy.  In a book I'm reading (which has a kind of embarrassing title), they suggest a kind of diagram that can help you to keep track of the demands and sources of energy in your life. The inner circle is of course you, the outer ones are the roles and responsibilities in your lifestyle.  Arrows pointing toward "me" are sources of energy, arrows pointing away from "me" are demands.

Here is mine.



It might be different at different times in your life. Obviously if I had a child or a boyfriend or spouse that would change it. Actually, even a few months ago the friends/roommates category probably would have been more of an energy demand for me, based on some unhealthy friendships or relationships in my life. It's easy to get sucked into whomever or whatever is demanding your attention the "loudest" but it is important that YOU control where your energy goes. 

I'm grateful for all the people who do sustain me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment